Accountability and Policy
Accountability, i.e. the responsibility to provide information and report to stakeholders on the results achieved, the methods and means by which they were attained, constitutes at the same time a duty and a fundamental term of reference for VIS action.
The specific and transparent definition of objectives and expected outputs, as well as the methods adopted to pursue them, passes through the presentation of systems, tools, procedures, and the Policies the Organization has given itself, constantly renewed in the light of the experiences gained and the standards established by current legislation and donors (compliance).
VIS guidelines, policies and procedures listed below are consistent with the vision and mission of the organization and constitute binding provisions for all the staff, in Italy and abroad, for partners and for all third parties involved, in various capacities, in planned activities.
- Code of Conduct
- Organizational Model developed pursuant to Legislative Decree 231/2001
- Policy on the protection of girls, boys, and adolescents – CSP Policy: Child Safeguarding Policy
- Policy for the prevention and contrast of harassment, abuse, and other conduct harmful to the integrity and dignity of people – PSEA Policy: Prevention of / Protection against sexual exploitation and abuse
- Internal audit & fraud and corruption prevention
VIS adopts the fundamental principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and independence; adheres to the Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief and the Sphere Standards.
Any information or suspected violation of the provisions contained in the Code of Conduct and in VIS Policies can be reported:
- Via e-mail: in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By ordinary mail: by sending a sealed envelope marked “OdV – Riservato” and addressed to the Organismo di Vigilanza, Volontariato Internazionale per lo Sviluppo, via Appia Antica 126, 00179 Roma
- By phone: calling +39 06 516291 and leaving a telephone number to be contacted by a member of the Supervisory Body or by VIS President
- In person: requesting a specific meeting with VIS President or a member of the Supervisory Body at Headquarters.
VIS guarantees the confidentiality of the procedure, the secrecy of the identity of the informant, of any suspected person and/or involved and listened to during the preliminary investigation, the investigation itself and management of the complaint.
Together for a possible world
With your donation you can support our projects in 40 countries around the world
VIS is a nongovernmental organization established in 1986. Engaged in development cooperation, international solidarity it is also an educational agency promoting and organizing awareness raising, education and training in the field of sustainable development and global citizenship.
Believing the causes of extreme poverty can be tackled at their root through education and training, VIS aim is to improve the quality of life of children and youth in vulnerable situations together with their communities.
VIS Volontariato Internazionale per lo Sviluppo - ONLUS - Nongovernmental organization promoted by the Centro Nazionale Opere Salesiane
Headquarters: Via Appia Antica 126, Rome